· Alcohol-based sanitizers may inactivate several types of microbes when used the right way.
· Use an adequate amount of hand sanitizer and do not wipe it off until it dries off completely.
· Hand sanitizers cannot work effectively when the hands are soiled or greased heavily.
· Apply hand sanitizer on one hand, rub your palms together to get the sanitizer on the surface of both hands, rub your hands by interlocking your fingers, rub the back of your hands, interlock your fingers and rub the back of both hands.
· Use a hand sanitizer that contains minimum of 75% alcohol as per WHO recommended formulas.